So, I totally forgot about father’s day this weekend, so no Morikami museum for me.
I went to my dad’s house, they had breakfast and stuff, and then they all decided to take a nap (all that breakfast makes people sleepy), so I went back home earlier than expected (they had a BBQ afterward, but who know what happened with that).
I haven’t been that consistent with Judo lately, I skip classes this past week (Wed. was a really crappy day, and Sat…. Well, it was Sat. so I overslept), I guess it has a lot to do with the fact that there’s nobody my weight in class (I’m 250 Lbs. as I’m writing this), that are committed to competition, and it’s fucking frustrating, so I started a diet and exercise regimen a couple of weeks ago (when I’d hit the 270 Lbs. mark), and hopefully I’ll be competing at the 90 Kilos (198 Lbs.) division sometime next year.
On other Judo news, I went and got me a library card, and while searching in the library, I found the vital grappling techniques book by Isao Okano, this books have been out of print for years, and it’s really difficult to find today, and my library has a copy… ok, screw you, it was exciting for me!!!
Ok, I’m in love with the Nikon D80 (Ok, I’m in love with the Cannon Mark III, but the D80 is within my budget’s reach), and probably that would be my Christmas gift from me to me (if I have the patience to make it to X-mas), and I guess I’ll hide it ‘til 2016 so my wife doesn’t think I’ve been spending money.
I know I said I was only gonna talk about grappling (I’ve been having some success with my triangle chokes…. Against white belts only), music (I’ve been listening to the slackers [ska], and lots of Blues musicians lately) and as of lately, cameras (Nikon D80… yay), but lately there’s something else that’s been consuming my life, I’ve been wasting day and night on this, and I need to share, one more time…
So we trapped another Mouse this morning, at this point I believe is an infestation, and there’s nothing left for us to do but move and torch the place (Wife doesn’t agree with me, something about “being illegal”), I felt bad for the little fella, he got stuck in the glue trap sometime last night, so he spend an all nighters in the trap, that’s it I felt bad until he try to bite me, now I can see how after a whole night stuck to glue just because you wanted a little peanut butter might make you cranky, but do not try to take it out on me, I’m trying to make your death as quick and painless as I can possibly can, and here you’re trying to snap at me? I should throw you in my parents table, I saw those insane people eat brains yesterday for breakfast, I’m sure they will make short work of a cranky mouse.
Anyway, I’m resetting all the traps tonight, and I’m gonna try to catch all the episodes of “Verminators” and see how the hell can I get rid of this pest without torching the place.
THIS JUST IN
A little update, the handyman for the apartment development where I live came today to fill the holes in the wall where we think mice are coming in, one of these holes is under the border in the sink cabinet, so he puts his head on the floor to get a good angle of vision on the hole… and apparently he didn’t notice the glue trap on the floor, so the side of his head is on the glue trap, now here’s the series of events in the correct order
- He screams (after all, he realized his head was in the glue)
- My wife screams (she thinks he saw a mouse)
- His assistant jumps (I guess he was trying to fit in)
- He stands up and screams “TAKE IT OUT” (self explanatory)
- My wife starts laughing her ass off
- His assistant explains that he can not take it out without ripping his hair off
- My wife starts holding her crotch in an attempt to not pee herself
- He screams “I don’t care, rip it off really fast”
- My wife starts making dolphin noises because she can not take air in to breath due to laughter
- His assistant rips it off
- My wife makes an attempt to break the land speed record, and runs to the bathroom just in time to not pee herself
- When she comes out, she witness a disgruntled employee with a missing patch of hair in his head, and knots of glue still hanging from his head saying “now I’m gonna have to shave it”
- Now relieve of her bladder juice, she starts laughing her ass off again, the assistant shortly follows her lead and starts laughing.
Now, I wish I had called in sick this morning; I missed the best 15 min. of my life and the chance to win $10,000.00 in AFV.